Top Bug is an online immersive virtual learning environment where students can access exciting educational resources and real time assessment tests anytime, anywhere.To find out all the features of the Top Bug portal Click Here.
Top Bug offers students 24-hour access for Maths, Biology, Chemistry & Physics covering Edexcel, Cambridge and Sri Lankan national curriculums.
We have packages available for international Edexcel & Cambridge KS3 & IGCSE levels and Grade 6 – 11 in National Curriculum levels for Maths and Science Subjects. Click Here to see the list of available packages.
Note: AS & A2 Levels are coming soon….
Top Bug is a comprehensive Virtual learning platform with unique features to master concepts, inspire curiosity and score higher on exams. Register to experience the Smart way of learning, with interactive lessons and tests.
Yes. Top Bug is for students, teachers, parents and all types of learners including you.
We will be offering regular competitions on Top Bug. We always send notifications to each eligible user but to make sure you don’t miss out sign up to our newsletter.
Depending on the set parameters of the competition winners will be notified after the deadline time at Top Bugs earliest opportunity where arrangements will be made for the winner’s prize to be collected.
Top Bug works on all Desktop Computers, Laptops, Tablets, Smart Mobiles (all types)
And functions through Windows, Mac, Android, IOS and compatible with All browsers including Microsoft Explorer & Edge, Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox and Opera.
Internet Connection Speed Recommendations
Below are the Internet download speed recommendations per stream for playing Videos, Interactive Activities, Animations and Presentations through Top Bug.
- 0.5 Megabits per second – Required broadband connection speed
- 1.5 Megabits per second – Recommended broadband connection speed
- 3.0 Megabits per second – Recommended for SD quality
- 5.0 – 25 Megabits per second – Recommended for HD quality
Top Bug Bandwidth Usage
Higher quality videos and other media resources uses more bandwidth than lower quality media resources. If your service provider applies a bandwidth or data cap to your Internet service, you can Manage Bandwidth Usage by changing the video quality settings to Low or Medium to consume less data. We always recommend to have a standard broadband package from any service providers in Sri Lanka.
Top Bug packages are available for Year 6 – Year 11 with each package allowing unlimited access to Maths, Biology, Chemistry & Physics resources. To find out the package prices please Click Here
There are three subscription types to Top Bug:
Monthly – Users must pay each month on the date set from that of the initial sign up
Termly – Users will pay the cost over three dates from that of the initial sign up. Termly users receive a month free
Annually – Users pay a one off fee for a year subscription which expires depending on the set date from that of the initial sign up.
No queues and no entry fees. It couldn’t be easier to sign up and experience the smart learning provided by Top Bug.
There is only one way to sign up with us:
- Head to topbug.org/signup.
- Simply fill in the details.
- Make your payment.
- Enter a new dimension for smart learning.
Top Bug always e-mails you your log in information (username & password) if you have not received this pleae check your junk/spam folder as we sometimes end up there. If you still have no e-mail please contact our customer Support on: 0112577587 or mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Using the ‘My Account’ section in the Top Bug portal, you can upgrade to a new package at any time
Each subscription comes with an expiry date. Please confirm the validity period of the package you are subscribing to by checking the ‘Details’ of your package. It entirely depends on your subscription type.
Any user who wishes to receive a full refund should contact us within 30 days of the initial purchase. Any requests for refunds after this time period are not guaranteed a full refund and will be determined on an individual basis. To cancel the subscription, you have to login to the portal and go to the My Account section and click the Cancel Subscription and follow the process (Terms and Conditions will apply depending on the Subscription type).
A payment method is what you use to pay for Top Bug. Depending on your country and currency, the available payment methods can vary. Below, you can learn how to use the payment methods available in Sri Lanka.
1) Cargills & Keells Food Stores – You can now make cash payments at any Cargills Food City outlets & Keells Super store island wide.
2) Direct Debit & Standing Order – This method is available for all our packages. You can directly deposit the money to the Bank or setting up a standing order directly to our bank account. Click here for details.
3) Global Pay: Credit Cards & Debit Cards – You can use your Credit Cards or Debit Cards to complete the payment process. Global Pay supports cards provided by all major banks in Sri Lanka.
4) Pay Here: Credit Cards & Debit Cards – You can use your Credit Cards or Debit Cards to complete the payment process. Global Pay supports cards provided by all major banks in Sri Lanka.
5) NTB Internet Payment Gateway – You can use your American Express card online to pay our subscription fees for Top Bug Packages.
6) Sampath Internet Payment Gateway & Vishwa Online – You can use your Master & VISA debit or credit cards online to pay our subscription fees for Top Bug Packages.
7) Dialog eZ Cash & Mobital mCash – We have a mobile payments gateway to subscribe our services also. It is a simple, secure online transaction/payment method offering the customer convenience.
Dialog eZ Cash services are available to all Dialog, Etisalat and Hutch Post and Prepaid customers. Use our institutional Code: TXLX for your payments. To select your eZ Cash Code call 0117400700 or check us on: http://www.ezcash.lk/business.php. (Terms and Conditions Apply)
Mobital M Cash: Mobital mCash allows you pay our subscription fees of carrying out financial transactions by maintaining a Mobile Money Account. Applicable to all Pre Paid and Post Paid customers of Mobitel. Dial #111# to get started or visit us on: http://www.mobitel.lk/ta/mcash#Payments for further details (Terms and Conditions Apply)
We have taken extra care to ensure that all financial transactions through our website are secure and trust worthy. Most of our Payment Gateways are operated by Banks and authorized Financial institutions for online transactions. On top of that, to additionally ensure this, we have partnered with a leading global authority of SSL Certifications
We know it’s annoying when you can’t access your Account.
Check your Emails for any Top Bug mails for the relevant information, if you no longer have the username/password email in your Inbox, please contact our customer Support on: 0112577587 or mail us at: email@example.com so we can change inform you of your username on the account
If you forget your password or Change your password?
Please click the Forget Password in the Login Page follow the process
At Top Bug, we care deeply about the security and safety of your personal data. This means our IT Team works 24/7 to protect your Top Bug account from any internet villainy.
We constantly work to safeguard Top Bug, your account, and your data, and we’re always on patrol for suspicious activity.
But there are key steps that only you can take that we also feel are essential in protecting your Top Bug account and staying secure. These are good practices with any internet-related service, too, not just Top Bug:
- Use a different password on each service and website. If you reuse your password, you may
- lose all your accounts if any one of the services has a security issue. Hackers routinely cross-
- reference hacked accounts.
- Use a strong, uncommon password. Hackers routinely use automation to test common
- passwords. Generally speaking: the longer the password, the better. You could use a longer
- phrase, or just a long combination of letters, digits, and special characters.
- Periodically change your password.
- Make sure your computer is up to date with the latest security updates.
- Be careful opening links and attachments in emails. If you have pressed a link in an email
- that takes to you a page where you enter a password or credit card numbers, be extra careful
- that the website is legitimate. Top Bug will never ask you for your password or credit/
- debit card number in an email.
- Remember to log out if you use Top Bug on a public device.
- If you have any questions about security, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer
- support agents. Click here for details
You can speak live to one of our support officers by clicking on the web chat button. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our contact numbers are 0112 577 587 / 077 774 0877. Our offices are open 8am-8pm Mon-Sun.
At Top Bug we are committed to offering the best service for our users. We will be developing and advancing at all times and we would love to hear from you at any time telling us what you think is great and could improve about Top Bug. You can use the feedback option in the portal or email us at email@example.com